We are now Emergency Services Academy Finland
The translation of our English name Emergency Services College has been changed to Pelastusopisto – Emergency Services Academy Finland. The change is part of a wider process where the Academy has been entrusted with new statutory functions in the field of rescue services and civil protection. As a result, we are reshaping both our branding guidelines as well as our visual identity by the end of this year.
─ The formerly used term College didn’t appreciate the whole diversity and quality of our activities. The word Academy is a much more describable definition of our actions, Principal Mervi Parviainen points out. It also strongly supports our vision of being appreciated both nationally and internationally as a successful expert organisation.
The Emergency Services Academy Finland is a nationwide educational institution which plans and provides:
- Basic vocational education
- Work-related continuous education for regional rescue services and emergency response centres as well as for other parties in private and public sector
- Training in emergency preparedness for authorities and persons responsible for civil defence
- Training for contract fire brigade personnel
- Training and recruitment of Finnish experts to international civil protection missions
- Research, development and innovation activities within the field of rescue services in Finland